We love the many ways that cycling brings people together. In this case cycling the length of Aotearoa brings together lots of committed cyclists along with fund raising for many good causes.
One of our awesome infrastructure volunteers, Pravin, is riding the Tour Aotearoa this year and we are delighted to share his experience along the way with you. But first we thought we would understand Pravin’s motivation for taking part:
- Because it is there!
- It is an iconic event and a bucket list challenge.
- It’s a great way to see NZ especially the ‘out of the way’ heartland places people don’t usually visit.
- You meet lots of great people and characters along the way. I am looking forward to enjoying quiet days on the bike and to wind down and enjoy the great locations along the route.
- A number of my cycling colleagues have recently done it and I am tired of their constant questions about when I am going to do it!
- And it’s a great opportunity to support a charity I am passionate about, KidsCan.
You can follow Pravin’s progress at https://touraotearoa2023.maprogress.com/.
You can contribute to Pravin’s fund raising efforts here: Touring Aotearoa for our tamariki – Givealittle
More about KidsCan:
NZ has far too many of our tamariki living in poverty and they are the future of our country. We cannot grow as a nation without all sectors of our community living healthy lives. They are the most vulnerable members of our society and we need to help them to become great citizens of our motu. KidsCan is on a mission to provide children living in poverty with essentials like food and adequate clothing.