Check out the official Bikewise site and keep an eye on your local Council sites to take advantage of all the activities happening over February. In particular, diary Wednesday 17 February for one of the free Go By Bike Day breakfasts being run in various locations around Auckland. See the list below for activities we know about.
But the highlight of Bikewise Month are four fabulous social rides organised by Cycle Action Auckland. These easy rides, ideal for newcomers, showcase some of Auckland’s finest scenery and cycling paths. So dust off that old bike sitting in the garage (or rent one for the occasion), reconfirm those New Year resolutions to get more active, and join us for one or all of the four Sunday morning rides over February.
Fancy giving commuting to work by bike a go? The Bikewise to Work site will offer you lots of encouragement, including the opportunity to win an Avanti bike!
West Bike Fest
10am-12noon, Saturday 13th Feb, Corban Estate
Go by Bike Breakfasts. Wednesday 17th Feb
- From 7.30am, Orewa Beach
- From 6.30am, 1 The Strand, Takapuna, North Shore City
- From 6am, Viaduct Harbour, Auckland City
- From 7am, Mangere Bridge, Kiwi Esplanade
- From 7.30am, International Terminal Auckland Airport
- From 9am, Middlemore Hospital
- From 7am, Manukau Square
- From 7.30am, Village Green cnr of Queen and Great South Road, Papakura
Go by Bike Breakfasts. Thursday 18th Feb
- From 8.30am, 588 Chapel Rd, East Tamaki, Auckland
Bike Better Family Fiesta
5.30-7.30pm, Thursday 18th Feb, Western Springs
Family Fun Day
11am-3pm, Sat 20th Feb, Farm Cove Reserve
Go by Bike Breakfasts. Thursday 24th Feb
- From 9am, MIT Campus, Otara
“Light Up At Twilight” – an event to celebrate the lighting of West Auckland’s Project Twin Streams cycleway
5pm, Friday 12 March