We haven’t run this feature for a while. A collection of cycling-related articles in the press – New Zealand and worldwide:
- A RAF pilot suggests that motorists don’t have much ability to notice cyclists in the first place…
- …while a blogger at the Cycling Embassy of Great Britain suggests some cycle advocates can’t see the forest because of the bikes – and should forget about ‘vehicular cycling’ and showers at work.
- Dunedin Central is getting some cycling work done on their inner-city SH1 after a recent fatal crash – shades of Tamaki Drive
- Long-term research in Minneapolis backs previous research with more hard data: There IS safety in numbers for cyclists, and the myth of ‘dangerous cyclists’ is just that – it is cyclists who suffer injuries, not others.
- Once you ignore the nonsense about how a Cape Rainga-Bluff Cycleway would have bankrupted us, this Herald article on how the New Zealand Cycle Trails are faring is a nice summary of where we are at.
- European Cyclist Federation: Germany has all the answers – and a countrywide mode share for cycling of 14.5% – up 5% in the last 10 years…
- Got some spare bicycles? Why not throw them into the ocean?
Heard any other interesting or funny press articles related to cycling?