Open Streets is back, and this time it’s uptown! On Sunday May 1st, K’Rd will be closed to traffic from Queen St to Ponsonby Road from noon to 7pm, so that the people of Auckland can come out to play in their city. Check out the event page for details of all the activities on offer.
What better way to celebrate glorious May Day – and the last day of the school holidays?
After the wild success of our Bike Gang Challenge and photo booth last year, we thought Bike Auckland better have another fun and family-friendly competition to celebrate… and to show you some of the new spaces you can discover on a bike since this time last year.
So who’s up for a wee game of Bike & Seek?
- Come see us at the Bike Auckland space on May 1st from 12 noon to pick up your Bike & Seek entry form.
- You can enter as an individual or as a group; all ages welcome
- Team costumes not necessary – but fun for the photo booth if you’re up for it!
- All you need to do is bike to seek the hidden locations around K’Rd, and as you find them, write them on your entry form.
- Return the form to us before 7pm, and get your picture taken in our glorious photobooth to enter the draw for some amazing prizes…
UPDATE: Check out the prizes up for grabs! Huge thanks to our lovely sponsors, T. White’s, Saint Cycles, and Blend.
- 2 x $50 vouchers from T.White’s Bikes
- A double pass to The Big Bike Film Night
- A Knog straightjacket lock from Saint Cycles
- A Bell junior Helmet from Saint Cycles
- A Plume mudguard from Blend
- A set of Bookman lights from Blend
- And a Deluxe Helmet from Blend
It’s so easy. Find our 6 locations around Open Streets, fill in the form, and come and get your photo taken with us to prove it… and any of these goodies could be yours!
Also: if you want to get involved with Bike Auckland on the day – just drop us a line and we’ll be in touch. We love helpful people on bikes!
PS wondering how to bike to town? Here’s a handy map from the Cycling’s The Go team, which you can click to enlarge. Remember you can take your bike for free on a bus or a train 🙂