If you are passionate about Auckland becoming a cycling city, you are invited to this year’s conference of CAN (Cycling Advocates’ Network) held right here in our fair city!
CAN Do 2013:
Inspiring change – mainstreaming cycling
April 13 & 14, Central Auckland – see full programme and registration form.
CAN Do 2013 offers challenging, provocative guest speakers analyzing and demonstrating:
- how to get cycling on the map and in the media,
- how to communicate cycling messages so the cycling voice gets heard,
- how government and local agencies want to collaborate with and partner us as key cycling stakeholders
- culture change and mainstream cycling
- how to turn NZ into a cycling nation.
The programme includes:
- Media training & how to use social media
- Projects you can take to your school, local board, councillor
- what makes cycling initiatives successful,
- good catering along with the chance to influence how cycling advocacy will be shaped for the next 12 months.
- The CAN AGM. You may enjoy a role within the CAN national Exec. (Join CAN to be eligible to stand for the CAN committee).
- A fun 2 or 3 day bike ride, including trains, a shuttle and the best part of the Hauraki Rail Trail. Leaving Auckland Mon 14.
So if you work on, or advocate for cycling, this is where you want to be in mid-April! And if you are a known ally of CAA, you may even qualify to have your attendance fee paid for.