- This event has already happened.
The Presley Pedal
Sunday January 14 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Join us for a group ride along the Twin Streams shared path to Cranwell Reserve in Henderson, for “Elvis in the Park”!
This popular family-friendly event, featuring Elvis Entertainers, has been held by the Memories of Elvis Fan Club every year since 2000 to celebrate the birthday of Elvis Presley.
Bring your picnic (or $$ for the food stalls), suntan lotion, and water. Dressing up is encouraged, but not compulsory.
We will be meeting at 11 at the Te Atatu Library Verandah (595 Te Atatu Road) with a view to leaving at 11:15 and picking up any extra riders coming from town at the Te Atatu underpass at 11:30*.
Route details (we will have maps):
• Ride along the Te Atatu Shared path & across the motorway interchange
• Stop to admire the murals on the Te Atatu bike underpass (and pick up any extra riders*)
• Ride through the underpass along the Nor-Western Cycleway to the Twin Streams (Henderson Creek) Shared Path
• Ride alongside the creek until Tui Glen Reserve (that’s the one with the great playground) & cross the bridge to Cranwell Park (next to West Wave).
*If you want join us at Te Atatu underpass, make sure you’re there before 11.30*