- This event has already happened.
The Big Bike Film Night – Waiheke Island
Tuesday June 30 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm$20
The Big Bike Film Night is on a mission – sharing the best cycling short films from around the world with you.
Showcasing our 2020 collection that has everything a cycle-centric audience could want – action, drama, humour, and plenty of inspiration; the evening is unashamedly and utterly, utterly, utterly designed and devised for the two wheel devotee!
Waiheke Island Community Cinema
Tuesday 30 June, 7.30pm
$20 Adults/ $16 Under 16s
Bookings on 09 372 4240
This year’s treasure chest of films includes:
- a part documentary/ part fantasy with mountain bike illustrations that will have you looking for your rig and heading down the trail in search of the same kind of magic;
- two Australian adventurers relying solely on human power and the forces of nature to propel them through the awe-inspiring landscapes of the Faroe Islands;
- a story that reminds you of the importance of finding your ‘why’, and that with a bike you can find a worthy journey in your own backyard;
- a captivating movie that shows inspiration can come in all shapes and sizes – sometimes that shape and size is an unwavering seven-year-old girl who likes to ride BMX;
- three adventurers bikerafting across one of New Zealand’s most remote National Parks;
- and a relevant tale of two friends on an environmental mission; ALL in the mix!!
These short films are a great reminder of why we love to ride our bike with films that celebrate the fun, adventure and inspiration that cycling enables, whatever your ride is.
So… listen to the voice inside you; it’s telling you to go. Grab your mates, grab your tickets, GO ON… grab your bike and come along for the ride!!