- This event has passed.
Pt Chev Mystery Bike Hike
May 25, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Did you know you can ride for miles in most directions from Pt Chev, almost entirely free from traffic? Join us for the first of what we hope will be many local bike adventures, exploring off-road connected bike paths in our hood and beyond!
We’ll gather in the town square outside the library – then head off, on an out-and-back ride of ~14km. It’s about half an hour in each direction, so expect to be on the move for around an hour, not counting stops to explore.
On our return to Pt Chev we’ll hang out at Nomad for a chat. Feel free to stick around!
• Given the length of this initial ride, it’s more suitable for adults and teens. Once we’ve tested the concept, we’re planning future rides more suitable for families with children. (If you do want to ride along this time, there’s a natural turnaround point that would make for a shorter 5km route.)
• This ride is entirely off-road and on quiet streets, with a couple of road crossings.
• Drop us a line below to let us know you’re coming, so we can plan ahead. You can also contact us at email@example.com
• Make sure your bike’s in good working order before the day – please check your tires and brakes especially!
• If we need to reschedule for any reason, we’ll post an update on the chalkboard in the square opposite the library.
Also, thanks to the Albert-Eden Local Board for their support for Bike Burb activities!