- This event has already happened.
EcoWest Festival Opening Night: Cycle-Powered Cinema
Saturday March 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Join us for the Opening Night of EcoWest Festival 2019!
We bring bike-bling to the burbs with the twilight sounds of live music, food trucks, a licensed bar and our main event… bike-powered screenings of locally made and thought-provoking short films.
Saturday 6 April, 5-9pm
1909-1959 Great North Road, in the heart of the Avondale Shops (the old 3 Guys site)
- Join a local Bike Auckland group ride from Te Atatu
- Plug in and help us power this event!
- Artists Emma Olphert and Eva Fuemana will complete a stunning new installation
- Try an E-Bike and BYO mug for a free hot chocolate at this Zero Waste event
- Brought to you by EcoMatters, Panuku Development Auckland, Whau Local Board and The Creative Souls Project.
- Accessible by bus, train, bike, and whanau friendly!
Share your photos from this event with #ecowest19
Short films from 7.45pm:
• THE MAN WHO LIVED ON HIS BIKE (director Guillaume Blanchet)
• A FUTUREMENTARY (by Bike Te Atatu and director Jemma Nissen)
• TALES OF TE WHAU (facilitated by Margaret Bley, Martin Sercombe and Britta Pollmuller)
• SNOW IN PARADISE (directors Nikki Si’ulepa and Justine Simei-Barton)
• THE TIDE KEEPER (director Alyx Duncan)
• COFFEE & ALLAH (director Sima Urale)
• I’M GOING TO MUM’S (director Lauren Jackson)
This event is part of EcoWest Festival 2019, a month-long celebration of our stunning environment. Check out more than 120 EcoWest Festival events at the official website: www.ecowest.org.nz