Be one of the first 100 members to sign up or renew with Bike Auckland this month and receive a free ‘Auckland Looks Better on a Bike’ T-shirt (valued at $30), on top of the many great benefits and discounts at 20+ bike shops and other merchants across Auckland – plus discounts and invitations to special members-only events.
If you’ve been thinking about taking the step to being a paid member, now’s the time. As the nonprofit organisation working on your behalf for a better city on bikes, we’re powered by members, volunteers, and donations.
The momentum for a bikeable Auckland is growing – and the more of us there are, the stronger our voice!
Two decades of dedication has got us to this tipping point. Every hard-won gain for people on bikes has come from our energetic advocacy, campaigning, and expertise. Every day we’re cranking hard, to push for more, better, sooner – and you help us keep the wheels turning.
Thanks to our supporters, we have achieved great things this past year, including (but not limited to):
- Being a key partner in ensuring the funding – and impending delivery – of Skypath and Seapath
- Achieving a better design for the bikeway along Tamaki Drive
- Winning more local cycleway connections across the North Shore, West Auckland, Central and South Auckland
- Delivering a bunch of fun events including The Big Bike Debate, Dinner by Bike, Lightpath Festival, monthly Bike Breakfasts, and Bike Chat events with international guest speakers
- Hiring a Bike Burbs coordinator to energise and empower dozens of neighbourhood bike groups across the city
- Moving into a new office in Ponsonby
- ….plus many more campaigns and projects you can read more about right here on our website
- October brings Biketober, our month-long community bike fest with dozens of fun events all around the city
- Planning is under way for the second annual Lightpath Festival – a block party with bells on! – on Saturday, 1 December
- We’re about to launch a Bike Valet Parking programme, popping up at your favourite events from October
- …and we will continue to fight for safer streets and better links for people on bikes across the city!
Spring is in the air, Biketober’s just around the corner, and a summer of biking lies ahead. Join Bike Auckland today and ride with the fast-growing movement for a bike-friendly city, knowing we’ve got your back.
And be quick to be one of the first 100 so you can wear your bike-loving heart on your sleeve with a free T-shirt!
Questions about T-shirt styles, colours, and sizes? We’ve used AS Colour tees: ‘Staple’ for the classic fit (a traditional men’s style and sizes), ‘Wafer’ for the more fitted tee, and ‘Mali’ for the curvy/scoop neck. See size charts below. (You can also check out the FAQs and other purchase options at our Digitees storefront.)