The Great Auckland Bike Market!
A big bike market – come one, come all! Check out various bike retailers, bike groups, and bike activities. You can bring and buy bikes and gear to sell, too. Free entry, food and drink, and lots of fun. See you there.
Looking for a new bike? Got a bike to sell? Or just like window-shopping and hanging out with bike folk? Cyclists of all shapes and styles, roll on down to the Great Auckland Bike Market, this Sunday 12th June, 10-3, at The Cloud on Queens Wharf.
It’s your chance to get up close and personal with all kinds of bicycles, to suit every rider and budget. BYO bikes and bits to sell or swap* – or pick up your next bike from one of the many retailers and locals on the day.
There’s something for everyone, from avid enthusiasts to inquisitive newcomers…
- free bike repair and DIY workshops, including a demo on restoring vintage bikes
- activities for kids including a “Build a cycleway” digger experience (OMG), which gives kids a chance to have a go on a real digger!
- a bicycle obstacle course (one for biggies and one for littlies)
- a test-riding track, so you can test-ride any bikes you fall in love with
- a storyteller on a bike, vintage bikes on display, and a bicycle-powered saw (!?)
- bicycle couples therapy, led by a ps-cycle-ologist… not looking at anyone in particular!
- fashion shows and bike clothes, including some very timely raincoats and other local designs
- plus music and entertainment and fabulous street food to boot
The main attraction is heaps and heaps of beautiful new and pre-loved bikes to admire, test-ride, and maybe take home with you. All kinds of bikes, including e-bikes, city bikes, trikes and BMX – and all kinds of gorgeous bike gear, bike wear, and accessories.
*Selling info: members of the public who wish to sell bikes, accessories and parts on the day will need to register on arrival, and will be allocated some space on the bike racks inside. It’s absolutely free to sell in the public spaces, but these are reserved for the general public – not for shops or retailers. There will be a 4-bike limit per seller, and it’s a good idea to pre-register, which you can do here.
While you’re there, come and visit the Bike Auckland tent, where we can fill you in on what’s happening citywide, and share our vision of a better city on wheels.
We’ll also be sharing the Bike Burb buzz about how local action can get things moving in your hood. Hook up with bike-minded neighbours or start something – it’s over to you!
And we’re looking forward to hanging out with other great community bike groups, including Frocks on Bikes, Bikes for Refugees, the Bikes & Bends yoga folk, the Bike the Bridge team, and Teau Aiturau and the Triple Teez.
Roll on down with whanau and friends to this unique day of cycle celebrations. See you there!
This event is brought to you by Auckland Transport.