Spokes Ladies CBD Ride
Get your bright front and back lights charged and pull out your winter coats/ fun furs/ vintage stoles/ gloves/ booties and berets – we are going out!
The Spokes Ladies are wrapping their July CBD night ride around two great events – the 2WALKandCYCLE conference, and the Auckland Conversations event featuring the fabulous Gil Penalosa, the man behind Ciclovia/ Open Streets festivals and the idea of 8-80 cities. This guy:
If your bicycle infrastructure is NOT safe for children and all abilities, then it's NOT SAFE. Make it SAFE for ALL pic.twitter.com/wK9gAIuNOE
— Gil Penalosa (@Penalosa_G) June 14, 2015
The talk is free, but definitely register in advance to guarantee a space. And if you can’t make it to the Conversation, you can still meet in Aotea Square at 7pm for the rest of the ride!
Here’s the ride details…
• 5pm Meet at the entrance to Aotea Centre (50 Mayoral Drive, CBD)
• 5.30 Attend the fabulous Auckland Conversations event hosted by 2WALKandCYCLE, in the Lower NZI room.
• 7.00 Ride from Aotea Square back to Nelson Street, via the beautiful waterfront.
• 7.30 Arrive at Brothers Beer (City Works Depot) to enjoy refreshments and stimulating discussion.
• 8.30 Ride up to K’Rd via Lightpath, with stops for photos. There’s an additional option to stop in at Madame George for a nightcap.
• 9pm Ride officially ends (or just cruise off when you feel like it)
Scarlett and Jessica will be your stylish hostesses for this event. All bike types/ styles/ ages/ fitness levels and speeds are encouraged. We have a ‘give it a go’ inclusive policy, so whether you’re a newbie or hardcore, it’s about getting women on bikes together. Any questions, pop over to the Facebook page or pipe up below.
Bring lights. Let’s ride!