Spokes Ladies Ride to the Beach
This month's ride takes us to Cheltenham Beach. Meet at St Kevins Arcade on K Road at 6pm, or join us aboard the 6.30 ferry to Devonport. Bring your togs!
Did you see Jessica Rose and co in the paper on the weekend, in this great article about the rise and rise of women’s bike groups? Wishing you too could be part of a lady bike gang? Or just try it and see if you like it? You can! Come along to one of the super-friendly Spokes Ladies rides on the first Wednesday of every month.
The first Wednesday of this month is Wednesday 1st Feb 2017, and here’s the plan:
- 6pm Meet at entrance to St Kevins Arcade (191 -197 Karangahape Road). Please be prompt this time, ‘cos there’s a ferry in the picture!
- 6.05pm Group ride to the Ferry Building – please arrive promptly so we can make the 6.30 ferry! You can meet us at the Ferry Building if it’s easier. And remember to bring your HOP card or cash.
- 6.30 pm All aboard! Group ferry ride to Devonport
- 6.45 pm Supermarket dash for supplies (or come prepared), and then we’ll ride along to Cheltenham Beach for a mini-picnic and a swim. BRING YOUR TOGS!
- 8.00 pm Ride back to catch the return ferry to the city – we are aiming for the 8.15 or 8.45 pm sailing. Or, as always, you can cruise off whenever you feel like it.
Stay in touch or find out more via the Facebook event page.
All bike types/ styles/ ages/ fitness levels and speeds are always encouraged. The Spokes Ladies have a ‘give it a go’ inclusive policy, so whether you’re a newbie or hardcore, it’s about getting women on bikes together.
Bring lights. Be stylish. Let’s ride!