Bike Burbs Resources
This is a collection of helpful resources for the Bike Burb groups. This page will be expanded and edited over time, so do keep visiting!
Questions? Contact us through the link at the bottom to the bike burbs page.
Bike Burb Resources
- The official Bike Burbs Handbook 2018
- 7 easy ways to transform your neighbourhood into a bike-friendly village.
- Bike Burb Health & Safety Plan
- Instructions for how to moderate your group under Facebook’s new settings
- Tips for setting up a group and running your social media channels (from Bike Devonport’s Chris Werry)
Funding & Sponsorship
- Sample Sponsorship Letter
- Funding Application Tips – including a list of possible sources of funding for bike burbs
- How to be a squeaky wheel: a guide to writing effective submissions on consultations in your area.
- How to engage with politicians (PDF notes from a CAN webinar via Bike Kaipatiki’s Andy White)
- Cycling Fallacies website – easy ways to refute those tired arguments
- How to Talk about Urban Mobility and Transport Shift
- Bikes Welcome – a NZ resource focusing on bike parking as part of bike-friendly communities.
- Lockydocks – Safe self locking bike parking set up by Big Street Bikers
- Auckland Transport‘s map for requesting bike parking
Other helpful links:
- NZTA’s “People on Bikes” photo library: contact them for permission to use these stock images.
- Cycle Action NZ