Bike Rave #3
A lit-up, musical, family-friendly, freewheeling ride from Mission Bay to Victoria Park.
Will this be Auckland’s most bikeable summer? It’s certainly shaping up that way, with Nelson St opening up a world of psychedelic bike access, and now, the sparkly return of Auckland’s Bike Rave!
Come join us at the Mission Bay Reserve on the 5th of December at 8pm, for an awesome night ride along the waterfront, into town, to gather at Victoria Park.
Light up yourself, light up your bike, bring some sounds and you’re good to go!
This event is family friendly (if your family’s into staying up late!) and suited to all riders – It’s slow, casual and flat the entire way.
For regular updates, keep an eye on the event page over on Facebook. (Not a FB fan? Post any questions and brainwaves below.)
We’ll be giving away prizes, such as yoga sessions, and a dinner for two. There will also be some performances and activities along the way to our destination – Victoria Park.
Don’t have a bike yet, but keen to get a taste of this action? We’ve worked out a cunning plan:
- Sunday 22 November: Run, don’t walk, to the bike market
- Practise, practise, practise
- Get your hands on some lights, glow sticks, disco balls, etc etc
- Find a bike buddy (via real life or social media) who can help you work out how best to get you and your bike to the city (try public transport; also there’s plenty of parking at Mission Bay)
- Thursday 3rd December: Take bike and self for a party test-run at the Nelson St first hoon!
- Saturday 5th December: Hellooooo Bike Rave!
Seriously. This could be you: