With Auckland’s beloved pink path turning two, Bike Auckland is throwing a block party with bells on!
The Barfoot & Thompson Lightpath Festival, from 5-10pm on Saturday 2 December is a free, family-friendly evening celebrating this iconic addition to our city and the joy of people-friendly streets.
Come and experience the city by night, with entertainers, music, art, food, and bike fun.
Where & when
Along Lightpath/Te Ara i Whiti and Canada St, just off K Rd.
Saturday 2 December, 5.00pm – 10pm
- Bike parade at 6pm from the Canada St entrance to the Lightpath
- Roving performance artists and interactive art all night long
- Mercury Plaza’s carpark is transformed into a pop-up open-air food court – a K Rd first, before the area is transformed by the new train station!
- Local craft brews at the Brothers Beer pop-up beer garden
- Relaxing chill-out zone in the Barfoot & Thompson lounge
- Music by The Grow Room DJs
- Desserts and coffee from local merchants
The Lightpath Festival is proudly brought to you with support from Barfoot & Thompson, the Waitemata Local Board, Auckland Council, Paperboy, Skoda NZ, Brothers Beer, Auckland Transport Cycling, NZ Transport Agency, the K Road Business Association, Electric Bicycle Hub Auckland, and TDG.
- Festival-goers are warmly encouraged to arrive and explore on foot and by wheels.
- If you’re coming from the west, use public transport to add a double-decker bus ride to the evening’s fun!
- The nearest public parking is on Cross St, and on Upper Queen St at Ian McKinnon Drive.