With Auckland’s beloved pink path turning two, Bike Auckland is throwing a block party with bells on!
The Lightpath Festival, from 5-10pm on Saturday 2 December is a free, family-friendly evening celebrating this iconic addition to our city and the joy of people-friendly streets.
Come and experience the city by night, with entertainers, music, art, food, and bike fun along Lightpath/Te Ara i Whiti and Canada St, just off K Rd.
Here’s just some of the fun in store, with more to come…
• Festivities open with a bike parade at 5pm from the Canada St entrance to the Lightpath
• Roving performance artists and interactive art
• Mercury Plaza’s carpark will be transformed into a pop-up open-air food court – a K Rd first, before the area is transformed by the new train station!
• Local craft brews at the Brothers Beer pop-up beer garden
• Relaxing chill-out zone in the Barfoot & Thompson lounge
• Music by The Grow Room DJs
• Desserts and coffee from local merchants
Festival-goers are encouraged to leave the car at home and explore the city on foot and by wheels!
The Lightpath Festival is proudly brought to you with support from Barfoot & Thompson, Waitemata Local Board, Auckland Council, Paperboy, Brothers Beer, Auckland Transport Cycling, NZ Transport Agency, the K Road Business Association, Electric Bicycle Hub Auckland, and TDG.
Save the date: Saturday 2 December.
More updates as they come to hand – keep an eye on our Facebook event page!