- This event has passed.
The Big Bike Film Night 2023 – Matakana
Monday May 29 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$13 – $23.50
Book tickets here.
The Big Bike Film Night is on a mission – bringing the best cycling short films from around the world together for you.
Showcasing a carefully crafted and curated collection of bike films that has everything a cycle-centric audience could want – action, drama, humour, and plenty of inspiration; the evening is unashamedly and utterly, utterly, utterly designed and devised for the two-wheel devotee!
The 2023 treasure chest of films includes:
- A delightful young Australian bikepacker’s learnings from her adventure – completing a scenic trip to Hell
- A visually commanding film set in postcard Tuscany following a 74-year old bicicletta rider (and his marvellous moustache) whose spirit personifies cycling
- A team who have spent five years formulating a dream… and only one way to get it – via packraft and mountain bike, on a pursuit of a first descent on the gnarly lines of Dillon Cone in the rugged coastal Kaikōura ranges of New Zealand
- Two schools share their insights into how they promote active transport within their school community
- The tale of a rider with a searing thirst for adventure, exploring interior Iceland
- Putting the ‘mountain’ into mountain biking – a Scottish highlands rider’s eyes are opened to the healing power of the bicycle
- An uplifting film that celebrates a humble volunteer whose community spirit is inspiring, and so are the majestic winter views of the trail where he lives in rural heartland Central Otago
- A moving movie that follows a family that chooses to live life to the fullest in the face of adversity
- And rounding out the night, find out what happens when you combine an ultra-distance 320 km gravel race and parenting together over a 24-hour period (which is tougher?)
These short films are a great reminder of why we love to ride our bike; with stories that captivate us, stories that make us think, and most importantly of all – inspiring us to get out and ride. All celebrate the fun, adventure, and joy that cycling enables.
So…listen to the voice inside you; it’s telling you to go. Grab your mates, grab your tickets, GO ON… grab your bike and come along for the ride!!
WIN A GREAT RIDES CYCLING HOLIDAY! Thanks to presenting partner Ngā Haerenga Great Rides of New Zealand you could WIN A GREAT RIDES CYCLING HOLIDAY for you and a friend when you buy a ticket to the Big Bike Film Night New Zealand screening.
Adults $23.50, Under 17-year-olds $17.50, and Under 12-year-olds $13, online (plus booking fees).
For more info visit www.bigbikefilmnight.nz
This event will have Bike Valet Parking. See you there!