- This event has passed.
Pt Chev Mini Bike Fest
November 25, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Pt Chev is having a mini bike fest! Featuring:
- free bike tune-ups from Bigfoot
- great new maps of local bike paths
- pedal-powered smoothies
- bike decorating!
- a ‘bicycle shorts’ mini film fest running on a loop in the community centre’s theatrette
- info about local bike brainwaves, including a plan to bring the wonderful Cycling Without Age programme to Selwyn Village.
- donations of bikes accepted for rehoming via the Recycling Bicycles for Refugees programme
A family-friendly group bike ride will set off around 2pm to explore the new paths nearby, including the ‘rainbow bridge,’ the Waterview Heritage Area, and the Waterview Shared Path at least as far as New North Road. (The route is flexible and will depend on numbers, interests, and ability.)
Brought to you by the Point Chevalier Community Centre, Albert-Eden Local Board, Bike Auckland and Bike Pt Chev.