- This event has passed.
Lightpath Festival 2018
December 1, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
On Saturday 1 December, Auckland’s beloved pink path Te Ara i Whiti turns three – and we’re throwing a block party with bells on to celebrate!
The second annual Lightpath Festival, proudly supported by Barfoot & Thompson, is a free, family-friendly evening celebrating this iconic addition to our city and the joy of people-friendly streets.
Come and experience the city by night with entertainers, music, art, food, and bike fun along Lightpath/Te Ara i Whiti and Canada St, just off K Rd. Festival-goers are encouraged to leave the car at home and explore on foot and by wheels.
Here’s just some of the fun in store…
• Join in on your favourite dance numbers with the Ymca Auckland-City Y Gold dance group performing at the main stage at 5:30pm
• Roll or walk in the Lightpath Parade featuring Auckland City Scoundrels and AKSamba at 6:00pm from the Canada St entrance to the Lightpath – all welcome to join on all types of wheels or on foot!
• Get your groove on at the Neck of the Woods main stage with Ijebu Pleasure Club, MC Slave’s LOGG CABIN feat. Silva MC and DJ Hudge (The Uptown Boogie) + guests.
• Enjoy roving performance artists and interactive art, workshops and games
• Mercury Plaza’s carpark will be transformed into a pop-up open-air food court – enjoy asian cuisine from Mercury’s food vendors plus food trucks – Olas Latin Food, Madame George, Nata Portuguese Bakery, The Pie Piper and Bow and Tie Micro Roastery
• Sip on local craft brews at the Brothers Beer pop-up beer garden and try Bike Auckland’s new Bike Brew beer
• Relax in the chill-out zone in the Barfoot & Thompson lounge
• Get your bike tuned up courtesy of Tumeke Cycle Space and Loop Groop
• Free trials on ONZO NZ bikes and Big Street Bikers – there’s never been a better time to explore the Lightpath!
…and more to come!
Proudly brought to you with support from Barfoot & Thompson, Fresh Concept, Waitemata Local Board, Auckland Council, Auckland Transport Cycling, NZTA, K Road Business Association, Brothers Beer, Neck of the Woods, Electric Bike Team and Mercury Plaza.