Are you passionate about active transport and the potential for Auckland to be one of the great regions of the world for people on bicycles? Are you collaborative with events and volunteer management experience?
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills in a way that will make a real impact in the community?
Bike Auckland represents the interests of people on bikes across Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland. We want to build ‘a better region on bikes’ through advocacy, advice and community activation. We honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and encourage diversity, inclusion and equity. We also want to have fun while we work.
We are looking for a Volunteer and Events Manager to help us do this.
This is a new role for Bike Auckland and is adding volunteer management with the previous events management role we had.
This is a part time role and we expect you’d need to dedicate at least 20 hours per week to this role with potential to add another 10 hours per week according to events demand. This is a paid role in a not-for-profit organisation. We may not be able to pay you at full commercial rates, but we can promise you huge job satisfaction, an interesting role, and the opportunity to do meaningful mahi to improve our great region.
- You will be collaborative, a terrific organiser and team player, and love building relationships with diverse groups of people
- You’ll be passionate about building a better region on bikes and about the role bikes play in improving social equity and community wellbeing, and addressing environmental issues including climate change
- You’ll understand what an important role and value volunteers have in non-profit organisations
- You will have experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- You will have the mission to grow in number of volunteers and effective utilisation of their talents for our events and other areas of the organisation
- You will have experience planning, managing, evaluating and reporting the events and their budgets
- You’ll have positive energy and leadership to deliver small, medium and large events
- You’ll contribute to building constructive relationships with our members, stakeholders and transport agencies.
We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. Please see the job description for more information.
If you have the passion, the skills and the experience we need, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please email us, attaching a CV and telling us what you would bring to this role. You can do this in any way you like, including a cover letter, mini video, audio file, PowerPoint slides, or email. Applications close 10 May 2022. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org