Are you passionate about active transport and the potential for Auckland to be one of the great regions of the world for people on bicycles? Are you collaborative with experience in communications activities?
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills in a way that will make a real impact in the community?
Bike Auckland represents the interests of people on bikes across Tāmaki Makaurau/ Auckland. We want to build ‘a better region on bikes’ through advocacy, advice and community activation. We honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and encourage diversity, inclusion and equity. We also want to have fun while we work.
We are looking for a Communications Manager to help us do this.
This is a part-time role and we expect you’d need to dedicate at least 30 hours per week to this role with the flexibility to work from home and at the office. This is a paid contract role in a not-for-profit organisation. We may not be able to pay you at full commercial rates, but we can promise you huge job satisfaction, an interesting role, and the opportunity to do meaningful mahi to improve our great region.
- You will be collaborative, well organised and team player, and love building relationships with diverse groups of people
- You’ll be passionate about building a better region on bikes and about the role bikes play in improving social equity and community wellbeing, and addressing environmental issues including climate change
- You’ll understand what an important role advocacy plays in non-profit organisations
- You will have experience planning, managing, implementing, evaluating and reporting communication activities
- You’ll be a great writer and communicator and love producing engaging, accurate content that connects with your audiences across many channels, including digital and media. (If you have video and design skills, all the better!)
- You will have experience promoting social causes across many communication channels (desirable)
- You’ll have positive energy, creativity and proactivity to deliver our communications strategy
- You’ll contribute to building constructive relationships with our members, stakeholders and transport agencies.
If you have the passion, the skills and the experience we need, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please email us, attaching a CV and telling us what you would bring to this role. You can do this in any way you like, including a cover letter, mini video, audio file, PowerPoint slides, or email. Please also send us two examples of your written work that show you can write engaging, accurate content for your audiences. Applications close 10 May 2022. Please contact: email@example.com