Become Bike Auckland’s Chief Bike Officer!
Are you passionate about active transport and the potential for Auckland to be one of the great regions of the world for people on bicycles? Are you collaborative with strong leadership and organisational experience?
Are you a team builder who loves rallying people and communities behind a great cause? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills in a way that will make a real impact in the community?
Bike Auckland represents the interests of people on bikes across Tāmaki Makaurau/ Auckland. We want to build ‘a better region on bikes’ through advocacy, advice and community activation. We honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and encourage diversity, inclusion and equity. We also want to have fun while we work.
We are looking for a Chief Bike Officer (CBO) to help us do this.
This is a new role for Bike Auckland and is our key leadership and coordination position, taking over some of the mahi of our long-serving Chair Barb Cuthbert who is retiring later this year.
The role, time commitment and remuneration will be negotiated. We expect you’d need to be able to dedicate at least three days a week to the cause. This is a paid role in a not-for-profit organisation. We may not be able to pay you at full commercial rates , but we can promise you huge job satisfaction, an interesting and varied role, and the opportunity to do meaningful mahi to improve our great region.
- You will be collaborative, a terrific organiser and leader, and love building relationships with diverse groups of people
- You’ll be passionate about building a better region on bikes and about the role bikes play in improving social equity and community wellbeing, and addressing environmental issues including climate change
- You’ll understand the role cycling infrastructure plays in building great cities and regions and keen to advance that role
- You may have a background in transport or urban planning but this is not essential
- You’ll have a can-do, entrepreneurial streak and will deliver a wide range of initiatives by harnessing the resources of our paid team, volunteers and supporters
- You’ll raise the profile of Bike Auckland and build our base of supporters
- You’d contribute to building constructive relationships with Auckland Transport, Waka Kotahi and other central and local government agencies and have some insight into how these agencies make their decisions
- You will have experience managing teams, budgets and work programmes
- You will be comfortable in a spokesperson role when our Chair needs your support
We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
We are also currently advertising for a new chairperson for Bike Auckland.
If you have the passion, the skills and the experience we need, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please email us, attaching a CV and telling us what you would bring to this role. You can do this in any way you like, including a cover letter, mini video, audio file, PowerPoint slides, or email. Applications close 12 November 2021. Please contact: email@example.com
To view the job description for this role, click here.