Become Chair of Bike Auckland!
Are you passionate about active transport and the potential for Auckland to be one of the great regions of the world for people on bicycles? Do you have advocacy experience, strong strategic, influencing and relationship skills?
Bike Auckland represents the interests of people on bikes across Tāmaki Makaurau. We want to build ‘a better region on bikes’ through advocacy, advice and community activation. We honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and encourage diversity, inclusion and equity.
We are looking for a new Chairperson to replace our long-standing Chair, Barb Cuthbert, who is standing down at the end of the year.
The Chair position is a voluntary governance role to provide visible leadership for Bike Auckland. The role is expected to involve approximately one day per week, depending on topical issues.
The responsibilities of the Chair of Bike Auckland include:
- Providing leadership to Bike Auckland’s Leadership Group
- Working with the Leadership Group to develop strategic goals, targets and high-level programmes of work to advance Bike Auckland’s aims
- Mentoring, guiding and monitoring progress to achieve these aims
- Advocating for bike infrastructure and mode shift to increase bike use in Auckland
- Liaising with Auckland Transport, Waka Kotahi and other central and local government agencies to increase mode share for bikes in Auckland’s transport system
- Communicating Bike Auckland’s views in the media
- Engaging in public relations campaigns on topical bike issues
- Bringing an active and engaged network of contacts to continue to increase Bike Auckland’s influence
- Experience working with a volunteer/not-for-profit organisation, ideally at governance level, preferred but not essential
If you have the passion, the skills and the experience we need, we’d love to hear from you! We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also currently advertising for a new Chief Bike Officer for Bike Auckland.
To apply, please email us, attaching a CV and telling us what you would bring to this role. You can do this in any way you like, including a cover letter, mini video, audio file, PowerPoint slides, or email. Applications close 12th November 2021. Please contact: email@example.com
To view the job description for this role, click here.