Love your bike? Love to party? We’ve got the event for you: Lightpath Festival 2018.
This year’s edition of the festival, our annual celebration of Te Ara I Whiti, kicks off at 5pm on Saturday, 1 December. It will be the bike party of the year: music, food, games, freebies, performance art, a pop-up bike lane, a Lightpath parade, craft beer, free bike trials and more, all on and around the jewel in Auckland’s cycling crown. It’s family-friendly and it’s free.
Here’s what to expect:
• Join in on your favourite dance numbers with the YMCA Auckland-City Y Gold dance group performing at the main stage at 5:30pm.
• Roll or walk in the Lightpath Parade featuring Auckland City Scoundrels and AKSamba at 6:00pm from the Canada St entrance to the Lightpath – all welcome to join on all types of wheels or on foot!
• Get your groove on at the Neck of the Woods main stage with Ijebu Pleasure Club, MC Slave’s LOGG CABIN feat. Silva MC and DJ Hudge (The Uptown Boogie) + guests.
• Enjoy roving performance artists and interactive art, workshops and games.
• Mercury Plaza’s carpark will be transformed into a pop-up open-air food court – enjoy Asian cuisine from Mercury’s food vendors plus food trucks – Olas Latin Food, Madame George, Nata Portuguese Bakery, The Pie Piper and Bow and Tie Micro Roastery.
• Sip on local craft brews at the Brothers Beer pop-up beer garden and try Bike Auckland’s new Bike Brew beer.
• Relax in the chill-out zone in the Barfoot & Thompson living room.
• Get your bike tuned up courtesy of Tumeke Cycle Space and Loop Groop.
• Ride along the pop-up bike-lane, which will be activated with performances between East Street, Galatos Street and West Terrace – celebrating the coming Karangahape Rd Enhancements Programme.
• Free trials on ONZO NZ bikes and Big Street Bikers – there’s never been a better time to explore the Lightpath!
Proudly brought to you with support from Barfoot & Thompson, Fresh Concept, Waitemata Local Board, Auckland Council, Auckland Transport Cycling, NZTA, K Road Business Association, Brothers Beer, Neck of the Woods, Electric Bike Team and Mercury Plaza.
Grab the diary and schedule it in: Lightpath Festival, Saturday, 1 December. See you there!