What We Do
Bike Auckland is a not-for-profit member driven organisation, made up of professionals and amateurs, hipsters and commuters, triathletes, sprinters, roadies, BMX riders, mountain bikers, parents, kids, friends, families – and combinations of all of those. We are you.
We work together to make Auckland a world-class city for – and through – people on bikes. How?
- On a practical level, the Bike Auckland team consults and advocates with Auckland Council, Auckland Transport and NZTA for an improved cycling environment in Auckland. We do this collaboratively, actively – and relentlessly.
- It starts at the top, working with local and national Government to allocate sufficient budgets to implement vital cycling infrastructure and create a climate of care on our roads.
- While these budgets are being allocated, we work on your behalf to encourage planners and engineers to consider and cater for the needs of all cyclists in roading and transport decisions.
- We are seen as a key stakeholder in roading, sustainable transport, health and related areas. We even work to bring together internal departments in these organisations to ensure that cycling is considered in the work of all departments who might not have cycling at the top of their agenda, but who can help by integrating it into their plans.
- Beyond dealing with official bodies, we enthusiastically cooperate with private organisations and individuals whose work or passion relates to cycling. From friends in the health and sporting sectors, to burb-based community organisations, we’ll be there.
Want to help make Auckland better on bikes? Join us and let’s get this city moving!